Image retouching is one of the essential post-production services that require a lot of time, effort and, of course, money.
Unless you know how to do image retouching successfully, you will require working with a professional who is capable of doing the work for you seamlessly.
How Much Should I Pay for Outsourcing Photo Retouching?
However, costing is one of the main concerns of the people who wish to outsource image retouching services.
So, in this blog, we will share our insights on average photo retouching rates so that you can get a ballpark idea. Let’s start with –
Three Popular Costing Models:
1- Price per Hour: On average, the hourly rates range between $85 and $120 per hour. Generally, it can take anywhere from an hour or more to edit the images, so you can expect the following evaluated rates:
- Basic level: If the image retouching is limited to certain aspects, then you can pay between $50 to 85$ per hour.
- Advanced level: For more detailed retouches with colour correction, the experts can charge anything between $100 and $120 per hour.
- Extensive level: For drastic retouches, get ready to pay $120 to $150 or more per hour.
2- Price per Image: The cost of this model depends upon the complexity of the correction and retouching. Plus, the price per image model can be an accurate way of determining how much you will spend on each image.
- Basic level: For basic editing, the retouching experts can charge as little as $5 to $10 per image.
- Advanced level: In the advanced level detailed retouching, you will be charged $15 to $25 per piece. But again, with this level, the expert may not look after drastic image composting or restorations.
- Extensive level: For extreme jewellery image retouching, the experts can charge between $30 and $50 each.
3- Price per Project: If you work with a professional service provider, then you will get charge flat rates on bulk projects. This pricing model is best if you have plenty of pictures to be worked on.
Here is a Rough Estimate of Ecommerce Image Retouching Services:
- Basic level: Based on how many photos you have, a basic jewellery photo retouching can cost between $80 and $100.
- Advanced level: For added editing work on your bulk images, the service providing firm can charge between $100 and $200 based on the complexity.
- Extensive level: To retouch high-end jewellery images, the experts can charge from $150 to $250 based on a number of photos that requires extensive work.
Also, there are various factors that can result in additional charges too. Here are some services that can drive the cost up:
- Revision request from your end
- Time-sensitive work
- Stylizing retouches
- Last-minute photo editing
- Restoring damaged photos, etc.
Keep in mind, the cost of product photo retouching services can vary from service provider to service provider. So, it is best to shop around and go for a service provider whose service offering and costing align with your needs and budgets.